Welcome to the State of Illinois web-based electronic hiring system. This system significantly expands access to state employment while increasing transparency, accessibility, accountability, and consistency in the state hiring process. The State provides job opportunities in a wide range of occupations and titles. This website will guide you through the state employment process for the departments under the jurisdiction of the Governor. The State of Illinois is required to comply with certain hiring criteria when selecting individuals for employment. Please be aware of these hiring preferences as you proceed through the state employment process.
- Under state law, qualified Illinois Veterans must be afforded an opportunity for interview and employment before Illinois non-Veterans in the same grade category.
- Qualified Illinois residents must be afforded an opportunity for interview and employment before out-of state veterans in the same grade category.
- Qualified out-of-state Veterans have hiring preference over out-of-state residents in the same grade category.
- Many positions are covered by collective bargaining agreements. For these positions, the filling of vacancy language specified in the current agreements will apply. Current employees may have contractual right preferences for bargaining unit positions over non-state applicants and non-union employees.
- To accept employment, candidates must be able to present proof of eligibility in the United States.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act, State agencies must ensure that the employment process is accessible to persons with disabilities. Specifically, these laws require that the State provide reasonable accommodations upon request by individuals participating in all steps of the employment process. This includes the State of Illinois Rutan interview process.